- Workshops / Keynotes
- The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- What to Do When the Kids are Losing It:
Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
- Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Discipline Strategies that 'Fit' Each Child
- Challenging Behavior or Stressed-Out Kids?
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Why Do You Act that Way? Effective Strategies for Introverts and Extroverts to Work Together
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation:
Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
Do you ever wonder what the difference is between listening to your child and spoiling? Do you worry that if you "give in" today you will be giving in forever? Have you ever been frustrated because strategies that seem to work for others don't work for you? What do you do when every day activities become battles nobody wins?
Power struggles are like a great mystery. The real story is never what it looks like at first glance. And like a great mystery, a power struggle cannot be solved until we discover the "real culprits".
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka to discover:
- How to build a relationship that makes your child WANT to work with you
- Strategies for identifying the REAL feelings and needs that fuel the power struggles
- The secret to managing the intensity – yours and your child'sTechniques for teaching your child respectful and appropriate ways to express feelings and needs
- Tools to help you stop reacting and instead win cooperation and have more fun.