- Workshops / Keynotes
- The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- What to Do When the Kids are Losing It:
Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Discipline Strategies that 'Fit' Each Child
- Challenging Behavior or Stressed-Out Kids?
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Why Do You Act that Way? Effective Strategies for Introverts and Extroverts to Work Together
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation:
Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles: Secrets to Effective Discipline
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
Why do some children "lose it" over seemingly insignificant issues? Have you ever been surprised by the perfectly mellow child who suddenly turns into an uncooperative monster, unable to get along with anyone else? What do you do when everyday activities turn into battles no one wins? How do you respond when a child refuses to listen and vehemently declares, "You can't make me!"
Challenging behaviors are like a great mystery. The real story is never what it looks like at first glance. And like a great mystery those challenges cannot be unraveled until we discover the real culprits.
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka to discover:
- How to build a relationship that makes kids WANT to work with you
- Strategies for identifying the REAL culprits behind challenging behaviors
- Effective tools for managing intensity – yours and the children's
- Techniques for teaching children respectful and appropriate ways to express feelings and needs
- The pleasure of helping EVERY child be successful