- Workshops / Keynotes
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- What to Do When the Kids are Losing It:
Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
- Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Discipline Strategies that 'Fit' Each Child
- Challenging Behavior or Stressed-Out Kids?
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Why Do You Act that Way? Effective Strategies for Introverts and Extroverts to Work Together
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation:
Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles: Secrets to Effective Discipline
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
How do you discipline a child who refuses to take "no" for an answer and seems to know the perfect trigger to "push your button"? What strategies work with a child who can feel the "seams" in socks and refuses to wear them or "loses it" because there is a change in plans? What do you do when he's having difficulty listening in class or sitting still because he's watching the trucks outside the window? What skills can you teach to help this child get along with siblings and peers? Is there a way to survive and even enjoy the spirited child?
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka internationally recognized educator and author to discover:
- What makes kids spirited
- Techniques to help you identify and focus on this child's strengths
- Effective discipline strategies for stopping the challenging behaviors
- Tools for teaching this child essential life skills like managing intensity, coping with change and working with others
- How to plan for success and create an environment where spirit thrives
- An appreciation for the joy and excitement of life with the spirited child