- Workshops / Keynotes
- The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- What to Do When the Kids are Losing It:
Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
- Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Discipline Strategies that 'Fit' Each Child
- Challenging Behavior or Stressed-Out Kids?
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Why Do You Act that Way? Effective Strategies for Introverts and Extroverts to Work Together
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation:
Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles: Secrets to Effective Discipline
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
Raising Your Spirited Child
How do you live with a child who can feel the "seams" in socks and refuses to wear them or screams for 45 minutes because you cut his toast in triangles when he was expecting rectangles? What do you when his teacher tells you he's having difficulty listening in class or sitting still? How do you discipline a child who refuses to take "no" for an answer and seems to know the perfect trigger to "push your button"? Is there a way to survive and even learn to enjoy life with a spirited child?
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, nationally recognized family educator and author to discover:
- What makes kids spirited
- Techniques to help you identify and focus on your child's strengths
- Effective discipline strategies for preventing the challenging behaviors
- Tools for teaching your child essential life skills like managing intensity, coping with change and working with others
- How to plan for success and create a family where spirit thrives